I am a long-time lurker on this newsgroup, and I have noticed that in the
last few months there have been significant improvements to Leo, in the
hopes of making it more accessible to the non-technical crowd. It was
certainly a move in the right direction but, alas, I think it was not
enough. The point of my argument is that Leo is still too
technically-oriented, and this alienates so many potential users. You just
have to read the posts on this newsgroup (as I have been doing for a long
time), to realize that people with little or no programming experience are
bound to find major difficulties in using Leo, from the very beginning.
Just trying to configure the simplest (UI-related) settings is a major
challenge.
This issue was already raised in the past, but is yet to be solved.

Why can't we (non-technical people) be relieved with having to tinker with
the internal workings of Leo? Come to think of it, the overwhelming
majority of modern programs are totally GUI-based, so that the settings can
be easily changed via menus. Why can't we have this in Leo too, instead of
having to learn technical jargon and manually modify settings files? I
really don't get it.

Please, consider doing something radical about it (e.g. refurbishing the
default menus with all the main commands and settings, at least), or
realistically Leo might be bound for extinction.

All the best,

Duf