Thank you again Edward.  I wandered in here shyly with an idea I didn't
think would get much attention.  And it still may not warrant or deserve a
lot of interest here.  Also the Leo community is about to begin work on 6.2
so I expect there isn't time to spare on something like this.  Nonetheless
I'm surprised and grateful for what attention and comment it has received.

I want to say that I have only touched here on my ideas about it. The
zettelkasten concept is central to it indeed, but there's a lot more to my
whole concept than the zettelkasten model.  I've spent several years
dreaming, as a non-programmer, on an optimal program for the writer,
note-taker, organizer, thinker, journaler, what have you . All assembled,
my ideas (some my own, some already implemented somewhere) would, imo, make
a better program for this kind of work than anything I've been able to find
(had I found it I'd already have it).

Sure wish I were a programmer.  Sometimes I've thought maybe I should dive
into programming just to gain the skills to build this myself, but I think
that's likely way too ambitious, especially at my age.
But if/when someone here wants to/has time to give it a look, I would love
to have the opportunity to submit a more lengthy 'essay' outlining in some
detail what I've evolved in my imagination over a few years of thinking
about this.  Naming a few features doesn't get the idea across.  I haven't
written it up in one piece as yet.  I need to scramble through all my past
notes about it; might take 3-5 pages.  Heck, maybe it's not as good a set
of ideas as I think, but what I envision sure appeals to me for what I do
with writing.  Wish I'd had it 20 years ago.

Andy