On Saturday, February 29, 2020 at 11:30:58 AM UTC-5, Thomas Passin wrote:

> Paste the code above into this new node.  The new node has be a child of
> an @settings node in either your MyLeoSettings.leo file or your ZK leo
> file, so move it as needed.  Then reload the settings.  The hot-key will be
> ALT-F8.

Ok, added it to my current Leo zk file. What it does now:
  does not create new node
  inserts id line in the body of the selected node
  does not insert timestamp
  does not shift focus to the body

If I hit it again, repeats the id line under the previous one, same id
number
Added it also to myLeoSettings file; same thing
Removed it from the Leo zk file, leaving it in the myLeoSettings file; same
thing.
Then realized I didn't know what 'reload settings' entails. Did
Settings>Reload Settings>Reload-Settings, also Reload-All-Settings.
Same thing.
Finally I quit Leo and restarted.  Now it does not respond to Alt-F8 at
all. Still responds correctly to Alt-F7. Also, for some reason it dropped
all tabs except the one I had open when I quite Leo. Before it has reloaded
all tabs I had when I shut down.