Dan Nicholson wrote:
> So, what are the major bugs?

1) Unclear status of wireless network support. The CD doesn't contain
wpa-supplicant and doesn't have firmware for most wireless network cards
(even though we qualify as ISV and thus can redistribute ipwXXXX firmware).
However, I can't test this because I don't have a wireless card.

2) Incorrect contents of /etc/issue with the "toram" boot option. The
sources are intentionally not copied to RAM (so that one can use "toram" on
a 512M box), but the message still says they are available in /lfs-sources.
Since it is easy to add generation of the no-sources ISO, we may want to
cover this case, too.

3) Undocumented initramfs boot options. Maybe we should document things like
"noapic pci=noacpi", too.

4) It is necessary to add back the reiser4 and loop-aes kernel patches once
the kernel version in LFS stabilizes.

5) I have updated the packages "blindly" too frequently. Many of them are
simply untested. Someone should go through _all_ of them and attempt to make
sure that the basic functionality is there.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov