On 7/14/07, Randy McMurchy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Dan Nicholson wrote these words on 07/14/07 12:52 CST:
>
> > It's their stable branch which contains many backported bug fixes and
> > they're not producing any more releases. Is it better to use a known
> > buggy glibc-2.5? If glibc-2.5.1 was imminent, I'd say wait, but recent
> > history would suggest it's not likely.
>
> I'm just mentioning it, doesn't really matter to me. However I'm
> curious about something else. These branch update patches are huge,
> these are all "bug" fixes? There's no enhancements in these patches?
> I'm asking because I don't know the answer, but it would be nice to
> know.

As far as I know, yes. But I'd be implying a lot more knowledge of
glibc internals than I have if I tried to claim that. You can see all
the changes here:

http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/libc/ChangeLog?cvsroot=glibc&only_with_tag=glibc-2_5-branch

This is also what would become glibc-2.5.1 if it's released.

http://linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/lfs-dev/2007-July/059606.html
http://www.sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2007-07/msg00045.html

--
Dan