Dan Nicholson wrote:
> I think most of the issues brought up in this thread have been
> addressed. I'd like to see if glibc-2.5.1 will happen, but we can
> certainly just use the latest branch_update patch. The LiveCD is still
> kind of up in the air, but I think most of the big concerns have been
> addressed, and now Jeremy is back on the prowl helping out.

Too many things to respond to in this thread... Since I'm mentioned
here, seems a good place to reply.

Being a little out of the loop these days, I'm not really in much of a
position to speak about what things need to be done to get 6.3 ready.
Still, it's my opinion that we should get a release out sooner rather
than later. I'll help out wherever there's a need...

As far as a native x86_64 build is concerned, I think that would be a
good candidate for 7.0. It really shouldn't be that big of a deal to
make generic commands that work for both native builds - there would be
a handful of commands specific to whichever platform you're building,
but most would be the same. And the LiveCD could be useful for that end,
as well, since these days it comes with the option to boot a 64-bit kernel.

Just making some noise and pitching in my half a cent or so. ;)

--
JH