Good afternoon again Daniel!

Daniel Frackwell wrote to Travis Pahl...

Travis Pahl wrote in part:
>  TP> ... When I point out that the republicans just called for another
>  TP> increase to their credit limit to pay for yet another shopping spree,
>  TP> roberts response is "the demcorats only voted against it to be
>  TP> different." it is like listening to little kids squablle over stupid
>  TP> things ignoring the real problem at hand....

To which, you replied:
> You're both right, but I believe Robert sees the raising of the debt limit as
> syptomatic rather than causitive.

Now, how could THAT be possible?  Reckless, unconstitutional
spending is the causitive effect for raising the debt limit
repeatedly. Without the spending, there would be no need to raise
the debt limit. Debt limits increase in proportion with deficit
spending increases.

Travis is absolutely correct in laying the blame on the
GOP-controlled Congress and Executive Branch, both of which have
been in GOP power for the last four years.

> Failure to raise that limit would have
> caused serious problems with govt bonds and the falling dollar would plummet.

The dollar has been plummeting anyway against the Euro and other
strong currencies, largely as a result of reckless deficit
spending (in which both the GOP and the Democrats are to blame,
and the Shrub Regime<tm> administration which signs on to all of
this spending.

You leave out the most important factor of all in your above
accessment, that is the spending.  The dollar would not be in
free fall today had Congress responsibly addressed the deficit
disorder a couple of years ago.

> They WERE the only two choices for people who insist upon voting for a
> candidate with a chance to win.

So, in effect, these people lose anyway, right?  It would have
been much better to simply lose while voting for principle, than
to lose anyway by voting for the lesser of two evils.

John McManus once wrote that the ONLY wasted vote is the one you
cast for a candidate who you know will not represent YOU!  So
many people obviously feel the same way as you do, that any way
of breaking out of the box is almost hopeless, and our
civilization will likely face a daunting future once all of the
'lesser of two evils' over all of these years are compounded
resulting in an economic and social disaster of crisis
proportions.

Not trying to be gloom and doom exactly. But answer me then, if
we continue as a society to vote for the 'lesser of two evils',
how long would you suppose it might take for evil to prevail in
every aspect of our civilization from economics to social and
foreign policy failure?

We're probably getting at that point much faster today than you
might care to admit.

Kindest regards,
Frank