Good evening again, Bill!

This is obviously a response to a very large message. Those
interested, can simply go back to the original source messages
and get a fuller picture. However, to cut the chase, and get
right to the point...

Bill Anderson wrote to Frank Reichert...

I previously wrote:
> > So?  What's the problem for YOU, dealing with conflicts in shere
> > numbers in terms of ballots cast?  I'm certainly not ready to
> > make a 'big deal' over it here in Idaho, however, it still is a
> > hell'a long shot, isn't it?
> > Imagine, over 12,000 votes cast, and suddenly there is an 'exact
> > tie' vote between Steve Elgar and Steve Anderson!  Exactly, an
> > exact tie!? Hoexactly do probabilities of such a thing happen?
> > You count the odds of THAT happening!  Talley the probable result
> > and send 'em on to me, I'm interested.

To which, you replied:
> Give the expected ratings/ranking of each candidate and calculation of
> the likelihood of a tie is a simple process from there.

So. What is THAT supposed to mean exactly?  Sounds to me like YOU
might be speaking from the standpoint of the actual ballot
counter here, and suggest the above all, in a way to come to a
close approximation of vote counts  -- that show a suspect
character in a by itself!  I hope you remember here, that I also
alluded to vote count irregularities that suggest, as Lowell
himself conceded, is a shot at the Idaho State Lottery!  I lost
the election, and didn't expect to win anyway. But the point
herein is how the votes were finally reported, and perhaps the
chance of a lifetime of such a thing happening in only two Idaho
counties!

> The odds or probability of a tie happening between is dead even if the
> candidates are ranked equally. Without using any ranking or expectation,
> or any other external data, the odds or probability is dead even a tie
> will result form an even number of ballots.

Now you've lost me entirely here, Bill.  Even Lowell suggested
such odds are equivalent to winning the Lottery, and you suggest
there might be some meagre explaination on why such might be
expected!  Even Lowell at least had the decency to admit the odds
of such a vote count really happening, on two fronts are next to
impossible!  Lowell's explanation however was short sighted and
irrelevant as well, he basically said, Congratulations, you won
the lottery!  Well, in fact I lost the election. The Lottery
thing wasn't really a part of my goals in this election -- fair
and honest reporting of voting results were my goal.

As a Third Party candidate in this mix, I could hardly call for a
vote re-count, although the voting pattern here ought to be
suspect on the part of the two major party candidates concerned
and demand a recourt, primarily in Bonner County, if nothing
else.

> The larger the "sample size" the less likely a tie is to happen.

Well, in rural northern Idaho, Bonner County is signficant in
terms of the number of votes cast.  You explanation here really
doesn't give a lot of detail into just 'how large' the size of
the sample has to be. But the probabilities of an exact tie with
24,000 plus votes cast, is really bordering on the absurd.  Yea,
it could happen as a 'possibility', but probably not as a
probability in this election.

Don't get me wrong here.  I wanted Eric Anderson to win.  I like
the man. He is genuinely trying to be a man of principle, and
that's hard to find these days in the world of politics. It was
already for forgone conclusion that I had no chance of winning,
so I am not trying to contest the outcome of this race exactly,
accept perhaps to find a way to describe the strange numbers that
were reported by the two counties involved.

Lowell might like this a lot. The truth is, this is most likely
the ONLY time in Idaho politics than an election has come down
with such suspect and questionable details.  Lowell my suggest
something, as he has already done, CONGRATULATIONS! You won the
lottery!

Again, I didn't win at all. And I already knew that winning in
this race was never an option anyway.

I believe for Libertarians, party of entering such races is
accountability for the outcome of the race.  In this case, there
are a lot of questions that ought to be raised certainly.  I
don't believe in winning lotteries.  I do believe that the only
chance for Liberty to survive very much longer depends entirely
upon principled candidates that often lose the race!

Politics largely brought us all into the present disaster of
living in a controlled police state, and politics, and good
principled politicians, might have a big outcome into whether
that condition continues to exist in this country, or whether or
not this condition can or will be reversed.  Some interject here
the idea of 'Statesmen' instead of 'Politicians'.  I agree with
that, except for the sake of argument, that even 'Statesmen' are
also in a real sense, 'Politicians' anyway.

I choose here not to enter into the rest of your arguments, as
you posted them, only suggesting that we need more
accountability, particularly when elections are decided by
'lottery expectations' in the cumulative result.

Closing. It's hard to believe in honesty these days.  I'm not a
lottery winner in this case, and I beg the question admittedly.
The two major powers in this election were the forces of the two
major parties, those supporting Steve Elgar (Democrat) and Eric
Anderson (Republican).  Thousands or dollars were 'donated' to
Steve Elgar, and he LOST!  A lot of that had to do with 'alarm
bells' going off, and tons of money in radio spot ads were being
dumped into this campaign by the GOP!

I saw all of that up and up close in the last week or so, leading
up to the election.

So, the real outcome of this election in terms of stark numbers,
is in my judgement, certain suspect.  Perhaps, even those in the
'voting counting process'.

Kindest regards,
Frank