Hello Shadow...

 Mon, 14 Feb 2005 22:51:48 PST, shadow <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>On 14-Feb-05, Conster wrote:
>
> s>> In a Libertarian world, your neighbors wouldn't be making meth next door
> s>> - Eli Lilly and Company would, in a proper chemical plant, and its
> s>> products would be available at 7-11 and Circle K, cheaper and cleaner
> s>> than your neighbors could make.
>
> C> Isn't this like the biggest assumption one could make? Seriously.. Why
> C> would a "Libertarian" world not have the same criminal element that
> C> now exist in our world....
>
>I don't understand. You are aware that the big pharmaceutical houses have
>been making methamphetamine for decades, right?

Yes indeedy... My mom took the diet pills of the 1960's. Dr. Booker, a
lady in small little Othello, which was my home for 20 yrs. lost her
license for doling out those cute little 'diet' pills. I took little
criss-cross tabs when I was pregnant with my daughter. I didn't think
of it as Meth until my son pointed out it was exactly what I was
taking. His comment explained the time my best friend of my younger
years spent hours digging out her moles and freckles with a long hat
pin, because she was convinced they were bugs. These very self same
things now have a name. I learned the hard way when my son came home,
a young adult and having not seen him naked since he was probably 9
y.o. he stripped naked and started showing me the tiny little bugs
that were crawling under his skin. He was so convincing he had my
husband convinced. I had better eyes at the time and there were no
drugs. There were no black helicopters chasing him. There were no
UFO's clearly seen when he was seeing them.

Yes, I know about speed, both legal and otherwise. I had a cocaine
derivative sprayed in my nose which numbed my nose, sinuses and larynx
for a test requiring a numb brain I guess. Actually, they had to cram
a tube down my throat and to visual any reason I had lost my voice for
an entire year. But again, yes, I had used this pharmaceutical that
was made basically from cocaine. Personally, if snorting cocaine numbs
your sinuses like it did for me that day, I'm glad I was afraid of
becoming and addict and never tried it.

To imply that I'm unaware of something simply because I'm one of those
that don't think all drugs should be legalized for personal use
doesn't make me a person who is unaware of the world around me.

Conster