On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 21:56:54 -0700, Dave Laird <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote in <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

>Good evening, again, Lowell...
>
>Lowell C. Savage wrote:
>
>> You've gotta admire the neat political trick (if that is what it is)--if
>> it
>> wasn't for all the lives being lost.  After all, you aren't hearing any of
>> this from See-BS or any of the others, so this "trick" might actually
>> work. Millions of Americans will blame Bush while no one (other than a few
>> "right-wingers") will report the truth--that Bush was prevented from
>> acting by a bitchy, Podunk Democrat who happened to be Governor of
>> Louisiana at the time.
>>
>> To me, it still seems pretty sick, or even evil--all the way around.
>
>Actually there is a LOT of truth in what you've just suggested, as I
>understand from the Times-Picayune that the Governor was concerned about
>so-called "state's rights" over expediency. I gather she may have tried
>the trick just the way you described. What a FIASCO this will make.
>
>If true, that is probably the most contemptible ploy I've ever heard of,
>and I've heard some doozies!

People should be careful about what they read. Others will twist the
facts to their selfish ends unless you verify those facts for
yourself. Case in point: Here's the article from the Post, and note
the correction at the top:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/09/03/AR2005090301680.html

Also note that the mis-information about Blanco not yet declaring a
SoE came from a "senior Bush official". Either the administration lied
or the Post lied. Either way, it casts doubt on the validity of the
rest of the article.

We've all been told not to jump to conclusions. But we should also be
warned not to jump to someone -else's- conclusions....... that's how
we got into this war in Iraq!

Newsgroups