On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 08:59:49 PDT, shadow <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

>On 09-Sep-05, Frank Gilliland wrote:
>
> FG> <snip>
> s>> Drum roll, please--

> s>> Nuff said.
>

> FG> http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2005/08/20050827-1.html
>

> FG> "Nuff said."
>

>Regardless of White House press releases, does or does not the statute say
>the governor will define the type and extent of Federal aid required? If your
>desire is to refute the claim that Blanco tied Bush's hands, why cite the law
>that gives her that authority?

And I guess you missed this from the first post:

(b) General
    Whenever the Federal assistance provided under subsection (a) of
this section with respect to an emergency is inadequate, the President
may also provide assistance with respect to efforts to save lives,
protect property and public health and safety, and lessen or avert the
threat of a catastrophe.

Newsgroups