Date: Sun, 01 May 2005 06:15:48 +0000
From: "Matthew Hanson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] Libretto floppy drive install?

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> I put win98se in my L100, and now I have a slight problem; how do I install
> the
> floppy drivers? I downloaded the toshiba floppy .exe. file and ran it, it did
> something but the drive still doesn't work. What should I do next, it seemed
> install/copy something thru windows command prompt but it seems that the
> drivers don't still work. Please tell me very explicitly what to do next,
> it's
> been a very long time since I've had to install drivers the "win95/98 way"
>
> -John

IIRC, the Toshiba W98 FDD driver is a zipped file that, when unzipped,
contains a readme file with explicit instructions on driver installation. As I
recall, it's not completely straightforward. You may need to delete whatever may
have showed up in Device Manager from your first attempt before proceeding.

* Remove anything in Window's Device Manager that may have a yellow/black error icon.
* Unpack the "Toshiba Windows 95 Controls for Libretto 100CT ' driver file l100ctrl.exe for your L100 (found on Toshiba USA support pages) with the file FDCMON.VXD in it to a folder
* Shut the system down
* Connect the floppy drive
* Boot the system.
* When the "New Hardware Found" window pops up, select the "Search for drivers" option (I think it is).
* On the next window, >make sure the option to search the A: floppy drive is >disabled<< (or you'll be waiting forever). At the bottom of the window you can browse to the folder where you put the Lib controls drivers, and select it. Then just proceed with the process and you should be set.

Toshiba support & downloads:

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/su/su_sc_home.jsp

Yes... Windows 95 seems a bit odd.

Matt