Date: Sun, 1 May 2005 11:41:02 EDT
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [LIB] Libretto floppy drive install?

In a message dated 5/1/2005 6:22:57 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> > IIRC, the Toshiba W98 FDD driver is a zipped file that, when unzipped,
> > contains a readme file with explicit instructions on driver installation.
> As
> > recall, it's not completely straightforward.  You may need to delete
> whatever
> > may
> > have showed up in Device Manager from your first attempt before proceeding.
> >
> > Lee
> >

> Yes, it's a zipped file (fddrv_l110_101.zip) but it hasn't any readme files
> in
> it. This is the content of the zip file;
> FLBFD.INF
> FLBFD.PDR
> FLBFDVSD.VXD
> SETUP.BAT
> TSBFLBFD.INF
>
> And like I said, when I run the .bat file, it copies some files thru dos
> command
> prompt and that's where I'm now stuck as the fdd still doesn't work after the
> files have been copied. Any documentation or help what to do next or what the
> complete install procedure is would be handy...

The driver file I'm looking at is identified as "L110FDD8.exe", listed under
the L110CT drivers, and it's described by Toshiba as a self-extracting zip
file.  This is the one I used, and have had no problems, with W98se on a L100CT.

BTW, the Tosh support page is now including the U100 as a choice when
selecting the Libretto category.  There's nothing really there yet but a bunch
of
generic service bulletins, and a users manual.

Lee