On Mon, Dec 04, 2023 at 12:35:32PM -0800, Matt Corallo wrote:
> Ah, there was also some concern over archiving of a discourse, which we'd
> hoped was trivial through "mailing list mode", but apparently that may not
> be the case. Further thoughts on that are welcome.

You mean archiving of discourse on delvingbitcoin.org?

I think that's a serious problem if there's no good way to mirror
delvingbitcoin.org. It is very easy to archive email lists, and anyone can do
it (I'm archiving lightning-dev, bitcoin-dev myself, among others). Also, email
list archives naturally lead themselves to decent authentication, both via PGP
and more commonly, DMIK, making archives authenticatable. I don't see any way
that delvingbitcoin.org could ever replicate that beyond mere timestamps.

I'll be the first to say that timestamping is pretty weak security. Better than
nothing. But they aren't good.