> Some folks indicated they'd like to interact with it via the supposed
> "mailing list mode", but sadly AJ indicated it may not be super reliable
> (and seems to be disabled on delvingbitcoin.org). I've asked AJ to enable
> it so people can maybe try it out but we'll see if it works. Sadly if you
> don't enable this mode it appears you cannot post via email.

FWIW, I made an account today, activated email mode, and confirmed I can get
the emails np: https://delvingbitcoin.org/t/this-is-a-shitpost-thread/249/2.

AJ says he disabled it, but I think he just disabled the ability to _send_
emails into and have them be picked up.

I found a better resource re how to use Discourse _purely_ via email from
Mozilla's instance:
https://discourse.mozilla.org/t/how-do-i-use-discourse-via-email/15279.  You
can even just send an email to create topics as well.

Initially I was worried that I wouldn't to get email notifications from
_just_ the lightning-dev sub-forum, but from the link above, you can filter
based on the headers they set in the email (filter out for just the forum
you care about).

If AJ doesn't want to enable inbound mail, then we can make our own
instance for lightning-dev.

Peter Todd wrote:
> Also, email list archives naturally lead themselves to decent
> authentication, both via PGP and more commonly, DMIK, making archives
> authenticatable

Re archiving: today anyone can start to get an archive of the entire forum
by signing up for the mailing list mode. James OB has also created an
external tool that'll let Chroniclers archive the existing forum, or any new
one: https://github.com/jamesob/discourse-archive.

Vincenzo wrote:
> A problem that I see with http://delvingbitcoin.org/ is what happens 10
> years from now?

Who knows ¯\_(ツ)_/¯? The Bitcoin mailing list started on Sourceforge, then
moved between another instance before finding its home today on the Linux
foundation mailing lists. The developer base is what matters, not
where the forum we all use to coordinate is hosted.

-- Laolu