On Tue, 7 Jun 2011, Dave Martin wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 07, 2011 at 10:49:51AM +0100, Tixy wrote:
> > No, were using two different methods to produce configs. The one I use
> > produces a Thumb2 kernel, the one you use doesn't.
>
> Well, it seems we have a few different problems here:
>
> Certainly, it looks like there is some kernel bug related to Thumb-2.
>
> Andy's "SIGILL" symptom is probably something else though.

I'm seeing those SIGILL crashes too, even with plain v2.6.39 from
kernel.org.  So this one might not be linaro-2.6.39 specific.

> Finally, we're not all using the same configuration, which is causing
> confusion.  There are at least two sources for the config:
>
> * The debian.linaro/config/...config.* files from the packaged linaro
> kernel tree (at least me, Tixy and the packaged kernel use this)
>
> * omap2plus_defconfig (omap upstream and some other people use this)

That's the one I'm also using due to its convenience.

> I'm not sure if there's a correct answer to that one ... but we should
> be careful to explain more carefully what config we're using when
> discussing kernel problems (I'm guilty of being a bit vague on this...)

Yes, it is pretty necessary, especially if there is a config that works
and another that doesn't.

> Does anyone have a strong view on which config we should be using?

The more configs we use the better.  More coverage is always good.  In
the end, if only one config amongst many provides eratic behaviors this
is a bug worth looking at.

Nicolas