>   I want to crop my images based on a common background, I mean I
>have a series of images with a common background, on which only a
>few things change, for eg. only the text changes, I want to know
>whether is there an xtra or a s/w which will crop my images based on
>the changes alone i.e. the resultant images should have only the
>changes, yanking out the common background. Thanks in advance.

There's a feature in Debabelizer just for handling this situation (I
know, because I requested the feature). Given two images, the
background, and the one with the changes on it, Debab will save out
each changed area as a separate picture. The feature is called
Islands, which was my name for it, because when you look at the parts
that have changed, they are little islands of information. There are
settings in there that will let you specify how far away something
has to be to be considered an island. That helps solve the problem of
rogue pixels that are separated by a pixel or two from the main group.

You can manually solve the problem in Director too. Do this:

take a copy of the version with the changes, and paste it onto a copy
of the background, with Reverse ink

lasso select what you now have, and Fill in black (click on the
bucket in the tools area at the top of the paint window

choose the select tool, set the No Shrink

select an area of the picture that is bigger than the area of the
original picture, making sure the ink is set to Normal while you do
this

copy

go to a copy of the full picture, and paste the image onto it, with
the ink set to Lightest

What you should have by this stage is the islands of areas that are
different between the two pictures. Just duplicate that and manually
delete the parts of each that you don't need.