Hi Colin -

> I just glanced back in time, and your early version of the routine
> took 30 seconds per 800 x 600 bitmap. What is the timing like with
> the imaging lingo version?

Funny, I've been looking at exactly this for the last day or so.. The
little utility I've made also uses the 'reverse ink' trick to define a
cropping mask, by Werner Sharp. Mine is a little different from Kurt's,
in that it crops the image down to the changed area, without any white
space and still retains the original regpoint. Because it crops out
everything unnecessary it needs to do a bit of pixel scanning. Even
still, it takes about 0.9 seconds per 640x480 image.

My old version, which used the BinaryIO XTRA (and was for D6/D7) and
scanned .BMP files directly, was far far slower.. imaging lingo is nice.
:)

Kendall.