> I was speaking to its merit overall, without regard to whether to make
> it separate or not. I find it to be among the more sophomoric
additions
> to the LSB in general and the FHS in particular.

While it's a bit heavy-handed to write it into the spec, it is a grand
attempt to put Mother's First Law (thou shalt not mix your stuff with
vendor stuff) into the general consciousness. If it becomes customary,
we can get people to keep code and data separate (I find the usual /var
or /home practice for www server data really annoying because the usage
patterns of www data are much different than classic home directories or
spool data, which makes a number of decisions on filesystem options
difficult).

> And in the case of the webmaster, I recommend electroshock therapy.

To paraphrase John Belushi: "Users. I hate users."

-- db