From: "Mark Perry" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU" <LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU>
Sent: 4/9/08 5:05 AM
Subject: Re: What is a good generic disk layout?

Mark Post wrote:

> For all you folks out there that keep wanting to put / in an LV, all I can
> say is "masochists."  I keep /boot in the root file system, and break out
> everything else.

Mark,
I have always agreed with your point of view, but even I am considering
using "/" in an LV to be able to use LVM2 snapshots.
Of course if SLES had UnionFS or AUFS, that would work well enough for
most files, but LVM2 snapshots are very nice ;-)
(What I am looking for is the ability to fall back to a point in time
for one or more files or a complete filesystem, without involving
complicated & time-consuming backup/restore of tons of data.)

mark