David Boyes wrote:
I guess I'm missing something here. If you split out all the subsidiary
filesystems, what ever changes in / other than the atime of the mount points
for the other filesystems? You don't WANT stuff in /, and restoring / is a few
seconds work if all the real work is in the subsidiary filesystems. LVM
snapshots are pretty cool, but is it worth the pain when (not if) it breaks?

"/" will typically include "/etc" and then many subdirectories below it.

mark