From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Hubert Kleinmanns
Sent: Monday, April 14, 2008 8:36 AM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: What distribution and why?

Kevin,

what's exactly is your problem? As I told we are working with WebSphere MQ
without any problems on SLES10 and it worked before on SLES8 (we did not test
it on SLES9). Possibly your own CICS adapters interfere with some other stuff
on SUSE, which is not installed on RH.

The WebSphere Message Broker comes with its own MQ queue manager, so maybe you
did not remove everything properly before installing Websphere MQ (this could
be a SUSE specifc issue, but I do not think so).

Of course the packages which come with RH or SUSE may affect other
applications. We had a problem using OpenREXX and WebSphere Application Server
on SLES9 ...

Last question: What do you mean with "MQ only"?

Regards
Hubert

Hubert Kleinmanns
Beratung / Schulung / Projektleitung

Chairman der WG "WebSphere MQ and Business Integration" in der GSE, deutsche Region.

Tel.: +49 (0) 60 78 / 7 12 21
Fax: +49 (0) 60 78 / 7 12 25
Mobil: +49 (0) 178 / 6 97 22 54
Web: www.kleinmanns.eu