> evil thought. Come up without paging space - paging early life will go
> to spool. Have the autolog
> machine bring up the real page volumes.  Moving spool a whole 'nuther
> thing - so who cares?
> David

That would certainly prevent any page allocation on paging volumes.
Just be aware that if you do need to depopulate the spool volumes
that paging overflowed to, you'll have the same problem - the existing
techniques for moving spool (SPXTAPE and such) won't work on
paging overflowed to spool.  Paging on spool space is still paging.

But I should mention that the DRAIN statement in the config file
can be used to similar effect, on a per volume and per
allocation type basis,  Wouldn't that be easier?

- Bill

Bill Holder, Senior Software Engineer
IBM z/VM Development, Memory Management, Endicott, NY
Phone:  607-429-3640        IBM TieLine: 620-3640