Hi, People.
My cent to this discussion.
We are talking about pages on dasd, not pages in memory.
So, these pages already was swapped. Except some control pages, I think.

To free the dasd, VM will need:
Know what pages are on the specific dasd. It can be done by "Page out"
routines, updating one table.
Drain the dasd, to prevent new allocation
Put on the bit to force a "Page In" for the pages on that dasd. Returning
to normal page process.
After some time, no pages are on this dasd. It can be purged from the page
tables, removing the control pages.

Of course, it is not so simple to implement, but looks like viable.
What do you, the experts, think about?
Clovis