On Sun, Jul 08, 2007, Ori Idan wrote about "Re: [SUMMARY] Current status of
Israeli ISPs":
> Or a better way, to establish a group of people that will get paid for
> supporting people for connecting their computers to any ISP with Linux.

This idea might just work. With a bit of asterisk wizardry, you can run
such a support business from your bedroom, or operated by students on their
free time. Reminds me of Thomas Friedman's story in "The World is Flat",
about JetBlue. Apparently, JetBlue's whole reservation-by-phone system
is run by housewives and retirees from Salt Lake City, which answer the
phones at their own home.

My dream is somewhat differet. My dream is that there would be a Linux-
friendly computer shop, where I could come in, and every computer would
come (if you want) pre-installed with Linux and they would only sell
equipment that works with Linux (or your money back guaranteed). The same
shop could also sell you ISP deals, and the shop will set up the needed
DHCP/PPPoE/whatever software for you.

But as they say, Martin Luther King said "I have a dream", not "I have a plan".

--
Nadav Har'El                        |      Sunday, Jul  8 2007, 22 Tammuz 5767
Phone +972-523-790466, ICQ 13349191 |"90% of the politicians give the other