Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:

On Mon, Jul 09, 2007 at 09:34:17AM +0300, Mike Tewner wrote:

ISP'ing, at least in the US *can* be done on a smallish scale - on the order
of a few hundred customers.

But not in Israel. Things are much different here.
Geoff.

It's done in Israel also:

<shameless plug>
We at the Arava Development Co. offer internet access, mail with spam and virus filtering, personal home pages (and we also maintain the arava website) for about 450 subscribers. While we don't have any official support people for Linux users we are quite sympathetic to using and distributing FOSS, and we'll do whatever we can to help users get connected with free OS's. (Some of our subscribers use various Linux distros). Our servers run CentOS, and much of the network management software I use is FOSS.
We'll welcome any disenchanted ex-Actcom customers to join us.
</shameless plug>

I'd be willing to approach our upstream Internet access provider about promising support for Linux users if the demand should arise, including the suggestion for "community based support" as mentioned earlier in this thread.