So the budget is 1.25 months of work for fields 1,2, unknown for fields
3,4,5.  Given the numbers, fields 1,2 would cost about 19K NIS.

Assuming that 3,4,5 need 2.75 months of work, the total budget is 60K
NIS (not including Lingnu's own contribution in terms of reduced
prices).  I assume that it hugely underestimates the effort required in
4,5.

One way to raise the money is to identify 600 Linux users, who would
like to use Wine BiDi, and it is worth 100NIS at least for each of them,
and get 100NIS from each of them.  Since I somehow managed to lead
totally MS-free life, I don't use Wine so I'm not counted among those
600.

Are there Israeli companies, which deploy Linux solutions, and for which
it is worthwhile to avoid dual-booting or virtual machines yet support
clients, who still have legacy MS-Windows applications?
If yes, it may make sense to organize them into a consortium for
supporting Wine BiDi work.

About GSoC: this is why I asked about the budget for preparing the
project for GSoC - it has to be split into student-size bites and
probably there are also other preparations as well.

                                          --- Omer

--
By running MS-Windows XP on your PC, you are probably a multi-zombie.

I may be affiliated in any way.