Always keep a second kernel around. I always keep at least two.

You want the fixed 2.2.1 kernel, not 2.2.0 btw.

On Thu, 4 Feb 1999 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I want to upgrade my Slackware 96 Linux box's kernel
> The kernel is 2.0.0.
> I've already downloaded the 2.2.0 kernel file.
> But, i'm scared to death, trying to upgrade my kernel.
> Any help?.
> Thanks

_Deirdre  *  http://disclaimer.deirdre.org  *  http://www.deirdre.net
"Linux is a very complete and sophisticated operating system," said
[Paul] Maritz, Microsoft's group vice president for platforms and
applications. "There are and will be large numbers of applications
available for it."