According to [EMAIL PROTECTED]: While burning my CPU.

You have had replys from quite a few list members, most of them have
mentioned about problems which "might" arise from upgrading because you
"only" have slackware 96, i will put it another way, DONT bother, it
wont compile, let alone run. (Thats meant in a humorus way).

You will need to upgrade your "whole" system.

Read the Changes documentation in
/usr/src/linux/Documentation/
You can then see that just about all your system needs updating to make and
run 2.2.x.

--
Regards Richard.