With your five years experience with Unix, you shouldn't be having this
much trouble.  Didn't your years as a ground-pounder teach you about
reading mauals?  That's all it takes - RTFM.

Reading your post I couldn't help but think that you went into this
evaluation with your mind already made up.  But then I've heard and seen
similar from many other MCSE's and MCT's that I've spoken with.  Nothing
new there.

The users shouldn't be the ones doing any of that installation and
configuration that you are referring to.  One thing I learned as a squid
was we didn't get to touch that stuff - that was left to the folks in
charge.  Which would be you in this case.  But then it's sounding like
you want to pawn your responsibility off to the users.  About what I'd
expect from an O.  Take all the credit, but make the E's do all the
work.
--
Mike Werner  KA8YSD           |  "Where do you want to go today?"
ICQ# 12934898                 |  "As far from Redmond as possible!"