On Wednesday 23 July 2003 6:37 am, Keith Antoine wrote:
> On Tuesday 22 July 2003 11:41 am, Bill Campbell wrote:
> > >
> > >How so?

> > Me too!
> >
> > >That's not been my experience.  My use of SuSE has been nothing but
> > >frustration.  It looks like they hacked up the distro just enough
> > > to make it different & confusing.  But, have fun if you like it.
> >
> > That's largely changed with SuSE 8.x.  No longer does it depend on a
> > monster, monolithic configuration file (e.g. you can manually edit
> > configuration files and they stay changed after running yast2).
>
> Not so AFAIAC its still a dog.

I agree with Matt...  but let's not start the 'OS wars'.

I am able to edit any damn config files I want (I think I've been using
the same httpd.conf for the last 4 releases and all SuSE ever does about
it is to tell me that 'you've modified httpd.conf and you'll find my
file in  /<path>/httpd.conf.SuSE".   It doesn't touch anything that's
been modified.

<zinger alert>
I've never met a RH release that I liked.  (and there have been about 3
different ones.)
</zinger alert)