I have followed this thread with interest and as far as I am concerned the only way to
get people to notice is to hurt their pocket book. I am not sure how to best go about
doing this except for refusing to use ISP's that are tolerant of Spammers.

Blocking domains doesn't really work. One of my customer's employees couldn't send
mail to his house because his personal ISP was using RBL's and the work mail server ip
was in an address block that had been listed. The employees personal ISP refused to
let the mail through. (Get your IP off the list) and the business ISP couldn't or
wouldn't get the address block off the list.

Our solution was to switch to a new ISP. (Someone else probably got the bad address).

Blocking legitimate email can be worse for your business than the spam.

We can't afford to have customers orders blocked and even though I do use RBL's, I
spent a fair bit of time monitoring the system at the beginning to make sure we didn't
miss anything and now all of our customers/vendors etc get whitelisted.

One idea that I like but has not gained much acceptance is the programs like TMDA
where someone has to be on your whitelist before mail is accepted. A solution like
this would only work if it was widely accepted and some easy yet secure method of
getting added to the list was possible. (Maybe something similar to the way people
sign up for user groups).

Regards,

Wil McGilvery
Manager