Dep,

Many thanks for your comments, as I admire your command of the English language and
the way you
wield words. It will come as no suprise that we are well appraised here about 11
minutes behind
what you see in the US, as to what is happening over there and the latest
developments, plus the
horror.
The thoughts of all Australians without exception are with the American peoples, as we
have been
alongside you for many years through thick and thin, we have even died with you. That
is in many
cases here what we are thinking, especially theolder people when we see the young
going. One
also bears in mind that there were some pasengers, so we hear that were aussies also
quite a few
died in the twin tower also.

This tradgedy hits home in all nations as there were many expats working over in the
US and in
those buildings. I guess we are more innured, especially those from England, and yes
also
Australia to some of the excesses of fanaticism terror and war.
having been in living memory amongst bombing or nearly invaded.

We also heard about the bravery of those on the Philadelpia crash that more than
likely they
fought the hi-jackers. The churchs have been full here with continuous services for
those lost
in the attacks. One must remember that we are all human beings on the same planet,
however
having said that there is radicalism rampant in all walks of life today; drive by
shooting, road
rage and so on. As has been said not all muslims are radicals any more than all
christians are
saints; I was so pleased to see the poll on your TV was 75% to wait for the
investigative
results, then act rather
than the understandable 'lets wipe o all of the arabs off the face of the earth'.

We are afraid, here in Oz! We are also a very cosmopolitan society, since the influx
of peoples
from many lands, circa 1960's. We are a well know supporter of the US and its
polocies, yeah we
don't always agree but we do it quietly. We have muslim enclaves and we have some
ethnic youths
who are spitting on christain women because they do not act like theirs. We have had a
large
influx of Boat peoples most Afganis and Iranians; without any papers whatsoever (no
documentation at all), so we cannot say what their backgrounds are. Are you in the US
aware of
these anomilies ?? Did you know they have rioted and injured guards etc ?

Anyway I digress. Whether you know it or not we do feel for you, in that you have been
attacked
on your HOMELAND soil, not Hawaii (an island) and the loss of life is likely to be
greater than
the earthquakes you have had and greater than the McVeigh bombing (internal not
external). One
must remember that there is very little difference, only by degree, in the two cases,
both
terror attacks.

I do not think in the light of the experience of the way things have gone in the past
few years
that we will ever wipe out all terrorists, be they BaderMeinhof, Muslim,
Japanese or martian. So long as there is disaffection amongst people with what someone
or some
nation has done, beit in the name of God or Satan.

May the healing process start, but may also complacency that blankets those that
protect us be
banished.

BTW just heard from a young man backpacking in the US and flew with a friend from NY
to say
boston. Got to his destination and found he had packed a big hunting knife in a small
hand
luggage that was totally missed by the authorities!!

--
Keith Antoine aka "Skippy"
18 Arkana St, The Gap, Queensland, 4061, Australia PH: 61 7 33002161