At 07:14 PM 9/12/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>On Thu, 13 Sep 2001 12:05:50 +1000, Keith Antoine wrote:
>Just remember that the "quotes" from the bible are made from text that
>has been translated several times by people who had a stake in the
>content that was derived.....

And the words have been verified as accurate by thousands of scholars in dozens of
countries who read Greek and Hebrew. And these scholars com from many, many different
backgrounds, and even opposing beliefs, such as atheists who have scoured translations
looking for inaccuracies. Anyone can learn Greek, it's not hard. My sister and I have
both toyed round with both languages. $12 and a few hours and you'll be able to
pronounce words (albeit slowly) and understand what they mean.

>stayler

Jonathan Wilson
System Administrator

Cedar Creek Software     http://www.cedarcreeksoftware.com