Dnia 16 Maja 2012, 6:47 pm, Śr, Favux ... napisał(a):
[..]
>> Good, you're reading my mind :-)
>> I'd start with something simple (see my other email). What do you mean
>> by "a good algorithm to transform the actions or keyboard combinations
>> into 3 small drawings"? What about letting user define a text that
>> describes the action and convert the text to image? Windows driver is
>> using that method. (I might be missing something simple here as I
>> haven't started to work on OLEDs yet)
>
> Karg/sanette's applet does that.

Ok, I know bit more today :-)
Is there any change that the Karg/sanette's applet will be part of
standard ubuntu/fedora/mint/whatever application set? I'd like to see
OLEDS working out-of-the-box on wide range of distros. Using kernel
modules/libwacom/xsetwacom/g-s-d would provide that.

Some ideas (I haven't tested Karg/sanette's applet yet):
OLEDs are 64x32, "scrambled" in some funny way. I hope that I can make
efficient "descrambling" in kernel, so we could feed sysfs with plain and
simple 1-bit 64x32 images.

We could try to squeeze 3 lines of text, 10px height with one pixel break
(3 x 10 + 2 = 32). The font would be 7x10, so the number of characters
would be 24 (8 characters per line, each character 7 pixels wide + 1 px of
break). There are free 7x10 fonts, so we don't have to do it from scratch.

Now the main question: where we should do the rendering?
I think about doing it in libwacom ("descrambling" could also be part of
libwacom if it turns out to be too awkward to do it in kernel).
What are your thoughts? It there a better place for it?

I'm ccing Peter and Ping
--
Regards,
Przemo Firszt