Przemo:
> Some ideas (I haven't tested Karg/sanette's applet yet):
> OLEDs are 64x32, "scrambled" in some funny way. I hope that I can make
> efficient "descrambling" in kernel, so we could feed sysfs with plain and
> simple 1-bit 64x32 images.

I've only sent images to the OLEDs on MacOS, but 4-bit 64x30 seemed to
be ideal. When sending 8-bit grayscale (or full color) source images,
only 16 distinct shades could be seen on the display. 64x32 images
showed up fine, but were scaled by the driver to fit into a 64x30
space. This seemed like a software choice, to leave a nice 2px gap
between icons. Sticking with 30px height would allow image/icon sets
to be used across platforms, something I care about.

Attached is the test image I constructed to test OLED limits. It can
also be downloaded from here:

http://projects.blender.org/scm/viewvc.php/*checkout*/branches/soc-2010-merwin/experimental/OLED%20test%20icons/gray-ramp.png?revision=30902&root=bf-blender

I'm interested to hear if the same squishing & banding occur on Linux.

Mike Erwin
musician, naturalist, pixel pusher, hacker extraordinaire