On Thu, 17 May 2012 15:43:19 -0500, Favux ... wrote:

> Right, that was Nicholas Hirsch's usbfs solution.  See his
> Tracker:Patches post:
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?
func=detail&aid=2878608&group_id=69596&atid=525126

> As you can see Ping included it with linuxwacom-0.8.5-8 for kernels
> 2.6.24 and later.  But then upstream dropped usbfs and the Distros
> followed shortly.  So nothing until Eduard Hasenleithner started
> submitting to linux-input in about March 2011.  That became the current
> sysfs solution.
> He started on the xsetwacom implementation which was picked up by Ping
> and then Jason.

Yeah, that's the one. :)  I was one of a few people who were playing
around with that one.

Thanks for the history, I've only been following peripherally, but now
that there is an effort to get something going again, I'm more than happy
to help out with testing if I can. :)

Jim

--
 Jim Henderson