At 12:27 AM 7/18/99 +0200, you wrote:

>> >Making sure that the root server system doesn't collapse because of
>> >Y2K is the most vivid example, little noted here.
>>
>> Esther: "Hi JIm. Are the roots Y2K complient"
>> Rutt: "Yup."
>> Esther: "Great, thanks. You have a great day, Jim"
>>
>> Boy, I can sleep nights now.
>
>I'm not sure it's quite that easy.

Did you notice in Berlin that Jun Murai said something
on the order of "we assume the servers are located
in facilities that have other computers that are
Y2K complient". That seems like a valid premise.

Maybe unix will fail on jan 1 2000. In that case
you have bigger problems then some internet identifiers
not working.

That leaves bind. I've had my serial # in the next century for
3 years. It seems to work.

--
Richard Sexton  |  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  | http://dns.vrx.net/tech/rootzone
http://killifish.vrx.net    http://www.mbz.org    http://lists.aquaria.net