You are right Mordechai, but I think Ben was talking about “No.”, not about “№”. In first case abbreviation is a good thing, in second useless.

best regards,
Dmitry Baranovskiy

On 08/02/2007, at 9:32 AM, Mordechai Peller wrote:

Ben Buchanan wrote:
Personally I think glyphs/entities in HTML should have been tags with
alt or title attributes.

[1]A long and thorough discussion of this can be found in "Gödel, Escher, Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid," by Douglas R. Hofstadter.