section == div (short for division, btw - its not semantically empty.)
separator == hr

We can argue about semantics for ever (and are apparently quite willing
to do so), but what is the practical benefit of changing these? How long
until the changes are implemented in most browsers and you can safely
stop using the obsolete tags? The browsers are going to have to support
the old ones anyway, since no-one is going to re-write all those old
docs. Is it really worth the wait and the effort?

Some of the new tags in html5 or xhtml2 seem nice, but quite frankly,
not worth the bother. Maybe I'm just getting old, but I think we should
all just stop worrying about improving html and just accept it as good
enough for pretty much everything we need to do with it. It's done. If
you want more semantics, use xml and xsl.

cheers,
Geoff

The information contained in this email and any attachment is confidential and
may contain legally privileged or copyright material.   It is intended only for
the use of the addressee(s).  If you are not the intended recipient of this
email, you are not permitted to disseminate, distribute or copy this email or
any attachments.  If you have received this message in error, please notify the
sender immediately and delete this email from your system.  The ABC does not
represent or warrant that this transmission is secure or virus free.   Before
opening any attachment you should check for viruses.  The ABC's liability is
limited to resupplying any email and attachments