first; its easier to get more efficency out of a smaller motor [not saying a
big motor can't be just as efficient]  two; with two motors you can
parallel/series switch them so for example if you have one big motor that is
equal in power to two small motors then at X amp and Y volts they have the same
power, but you can switch the two smaller motors and have 2X amps and Y/2 volts
for twice the power at low speeds: basicly its like having a low gear.  further
with the swtiching you can have two optium speeds for efficency one at Z speed
and one at Z/2.  for me that would 75 mph for the highway and 37.5 for the city.

  plus with my setup its easier to intall two smaller motors than one big one
on a hardtail

SteveS <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  I get the idea of the two motor system, but how does compare to using a
larger single motor? I imagine a single larger motor would be easier to
install and control. The larger motor would deal with the low speed
torque need, but I wonder about what happens when you get up to speed?
Would a larger motor be less efficient?

- SteveS