In lists.community.perlmongers.london, you wrote:
>Structured Analysis & Design - Tom DeMarco

Oh, if we're heading *that* way, here are some "software project
management and survival" type books that I think are classics:

Peopleware, by Tom DeMarco and Timothy Lister
Death March, by Ed Yourdon

Brooks' MMM is too obvious to list.  And I didn't actually like it.
It's a classic, but a dull and outdated one.  And it's about the only
technical book that has actually made me cringe in horror at the amount
of gendered language:  "When a man programs, he does this and that and
waves his penis proudly in the air because THERE ARE NO WOMEN HERE."
I usually have a pretty high tolerance for that kind of thing, but MMM
just made feel all icky.  I think I learnt all I need to know from MMM
from people referring to it, and reading the book itself was an utter
letdown.

K.

--
Kirrily 'Skud' Robert - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://infotrope.net/
"There's a hole in my bucket, dear 'Liza, dear 'Liza..."