On Thu, Oct 18, 2001 at 05:49:57AM -0700, Dave Cross wrote:
> And a couple that will probably be seen as classics in the future:
>
> Extreme Programming Explained - Kent Beck
> Refactoring - Martin Fowler

I'd possibly change XPe to "Planning Extreme Progamming" - Beck and Fowler.

I'd also add Fowler's "Analysis Patterns" (the lesser known cousin of the
Gang of Four book), Tom DeMarco's "Peopleware" (and probably now also "Slack"),
and, interestingly, Berton Roueche's "The Medical Detectives", which has
nothing to do with programming, but is probably one of the best books around
on debugging ;)

Tony
 Tony Bowden | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://www.tmtm.com/
             we barely have time to react in this world let alone rehearse