On Wed, Apr 03, 2002 at 01:37:24PM +0200, Newton, Philip wrote:
> Greg McCarroll wrote:
> > Assumption 4 : No one is doing intel specific work on it.
> but it shouldn't be anything a recompile wouldn't cure (at least I hope
> not). I was thinking of maybe installing a new perl of my own anyway (it's
> 5.7.2 or something like that at the moment), or perhaps I'll just use the
> system perl (which will be, what -- 5.6.1? 5.8.0? something else?)

5.005, as that's what debian-stable uses.  I'd put a later version in
/usr/local

> * Who would be the new admin(s)?

I assume the same as now.  Once the machine is set up, it's no different
from any other Linux box to admin.  In the unlikely event that any Sparc-
specific problems do arise, then I'm already one of the admins anyway.

--
David Cantrell | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david

 Pressure was growing last night for the global "war on terror" to be
 broadened to take in a wide range of other 'rogue emotions' including
 horror, shock and a general feeling of bewilderment about the state of
 the world.    -- The Brains Trust