----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave Hodgkinson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> does anyone have any recommendations for webmail that won't degenerate
> into a templating argument?

I'm going to ignore the PHP bashing and templating discussions and add that
Horde and SquirrelMail are both recommened on the GLLUG list when ever this
question comes up by a number of people. So while neither is written in
Perl both are in use.

If you have no major phobia of PHP then the gllug archives
http://list.ftech.net/pipermail/gllug/ cover a lot of mail releated topics
in the last few months including webmail, alternative email clients for
Windows (Yes on a Linux list) securing IMAP and even making Outlook work
with real IMAP (including shared folders) but the recommended solutions
seem to be PHP based if for no other reason than they exist.

  Dean (My work runs Exchange, we pays our money and gets our webmail)
--
Profanity is the one language all programmers understand
--- Anon