On Wed, Oct 30, 2002 at 04:38:12PM -0500, Chris Devers wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Oct 2002, << everyone >> wrote:
>
> > << PHP is crap >>
>
> http://public.yahoo.com/~radwin/talks/yahoo-phpcon2002.htm
> http://developers.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=02/10/29/2052239
>
>     Erek Dyskant writes "Yahoo has decided to switch from
>     a proprietary system written in C/C++ to PHP for their
>     backend scripting. Here's the notes from a presentation
>     by a Yahoo engineer at PHP Con 2002."
>
> While I mostly agree with all the anti-PHP arguments, the Yahoo
> presentation makes a pretty good case as well. Any responses from
> those that are so vigorously ripping up the PHP straw man (which,
> after all, it is -- this isn't london.phpm, is it)?

Except for one part that I find curious. The presentation lists one of
the cons for perl as

    poor sandboxing, easy to screw up server

yet I get the feeling that that is the arguments against PHP. Or am I
confusing the idea of screwing up namespaces with screwing things up
between processes?

Nicholas Clark