> http://public.yahoo.com/~radwin/talks/yahoo-phpcon2002.htm
> http://developers.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=02/10/29/2052239
At 13:37 31/10/02, Nicholas Clark wrote:
Except for one part that I find curious. The presentation lists one of
the cons for perl as

    poor sandboxing, easy to screw up server

I know of one large bank which does not support mod_perl because it believes some of its website users might mess up other users on the same boxes..... They use perl cgi instead :-)

I think I better learn PHP if for no better reason than to prepare for the mass PHP to perl/java conversions when people realise that PHP is a bad idea.

And if they don't come around to thinking PHP is a bad idea, then.... well I will have just learnt PHP anyway....

Alex

Openweb Analysts Ltd, London.
Software For Complex Websites http://www.OWAL.co.uk/
Open Source Software Companies please register here http://www.OWAL.co.uk/oss_support/