Tony -

> Your summarization is incorrect.
>
> The proposal is to advertise a advisory message that indicates that a node is
> ready to receive MP-TLVs. It prohibits nothing.

[LES:] That is what you are proposing - but others in the thread have proposed
other ideas. For example, in an earlier post Chris stated:

>> Once we have this info I think a stronger case might be made for actually
>> having the router capability be used *operationally* (i.e., if you don't see
>> the
>> capability advertised then that router in fact doesn't send multi-tlv tlvs
>> and
>> they should be seen as replacements of each other),

What I am trying to highlight is that the existing implementations of MP-TLVs
for the "implicit" cases should not be penalized for sending MP-TLVs that are
encoded consistent with how MP-TLVs for the "explicit" cases have been done.
They are actually doing the right thing.

If we are in agreement on that - great!

   Les