Chris,

On 06/10/2022 18:34, Christian Hopps wrote:

Peter Psenak <ppse...@cisco.com> writes:

Tony, Les,

I believe we can all agree that we do not want to change the behavior of
existing implementations that support MP-TLVs based on the advertisements of the
MP-capability from other routers - it would break existing networks. Even the
text in the MP-TLV draft does not suggest that to be the case.

Are people not looking at the spreadsheet Tony put together?

Which implicit multi-part TLVs are these "existing implementations" advertising
that keep getting referred to? Please let's work with real data -- the spreadsheet shows
a grand total of *0* TLVs that could fall in this category.

then the spreadsheet is incorrect.

I know of implementation that can send and receive Multi part TLVs for IPv4/IPv6 (MT) IP Reach, (MT) Extended IS reachability and IS-IS Router CAPABILITY TLV to start with.

thanks,
Peter

Thanks,
Chris.

I find the discussion about advertising supported capabilities for management
purposes in IGPs interesting, but not specific, nor directly related to the
MP-TLV draft. Keeping the two separate would make a lot of sense.

my 2c,
Peter