Chris -

With respect, if you want to move this discussion forward then please make a
proposal.
If you read the thread (which is by now quite long) you will see that whenever
a proposal is made I do offer my thoughts about it - and that includes
proposals to use a capability advertisement.

If you are telling me that I do not need to restate that no encoding changes
are required - point taken.

   Les